Senior iOS Developer
Touch Surgery is part of the Digital Surgery™ ecosystem and is the world’s most downloaded surgical training app. With over 2.5 MILLION downloads, we are THE global leader in mobile surgical training. Our mission is to help save lives. Come join us on the journey.
Design and Technology are core to how we’re doing this and we’re looking for a great iOS engineer, with Objective-C and Swift experience to welcome into our team. If you’re looking for a real purpose behind what you do, this role is a genuine opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for someone with a real passion for mobile development to join our diverse but tight-knit group of dedicated people, working in an agile environment. You will be helping implement features into our iOS platform and assist with maintenance across the whole codebase. You will be exposed to UI, networking, data persistence as well as opportunities to work on our simulation engine. You will help drive the team towards continuous improvement, through process changes, coaching, and feedback. Working with other members of the company, you will assist in breaking their requirements into deliverable goals while designing the technical solution, being mindful of where effort is best spent.
- Commercial experience on iOS and software engineering
- You will have worked on at least 1 iOS app which is live on the App Store
- Working experience with Swift
- Demonstrable use of Unit testing/TDD
- Expert in Xcode
- Strong knowledge of connected technologies including HTTP, REST, JSON, databases
What’s it like working here?
We’ve been around for 6 years but it still feels like a start up, in a good way. We know there’s not just one way of doing something so you won’t feel restricted by lots of policies and processes. If it works, do it your way. The teams are very approachable and everyone is super passionate about what we do here because we know what we do saves lives. It’s relaxed, we don’t like long meetings for the sake of it. Got a quick question, use Slack or walk up to some and ask! We have a Family meeting every Friday at 4.30 with drinks and snacks, then the weekend is yours.
- EMI Share Options Scheme (more tax efficient than regular shares), private healthcare cash plan (including dental), pension scheme, life cover, 25 days’ holiday (increases with service), season ticket travel loan, cycle to work scheme, free breakfast & healthy snacks, games / VR nights with pizza and beer provided, learning and development / training budget, cash for referring a friend to come work here and even more on the way!
Once you have applied, one of the Team Leaders will review your application and if we think you’re right, we will ask one of our people to call you for an initial chat so you can find out more about us. We’ll then invite you in to meet with the team and your future line manager. We have an at home coding test, but if you'd rather not spend your time on that and you have a public body of work or a portfolio piece you'd prefer to be assessed on, we'll gladly look at that. Or you can forego that and do a live code pairing exercise during the interview. We will always do some form of pairing exercise with you when you come in.